Sunday, September 25, 2016

Day 1 of "Ventura Community Bank's" Ventura Plein Air Invitational

Chris:
Today was the 1st day of  "Ventura Community Bank's" Ventura Plein Air Invitational. We had a general meeting with all the artists at Kay's wonderful home in Ventura.

Before dinner, we had a mini-meeting, handing out the gift bags (Dick Blick's goodies are arriving on Wednesday). Our artists were very thrilled to receive one ticket for the Ojai Studio Aritsts Tour during the 2nd weekend in October.

We received our maps and rack cards that tells us where we'll be painting. Tomorrow morning we are all meeting at the Ventura Botanical Gardens..behind the gate! I have to admit, a lot of us (including me!) are so excited...many of us have never been up that far.  Thanks to Tracy Long for opening up for us tomorrow morning.

I feel so amiss...I have no photos of this evening. I think we were all so relaxed and enjoying the evening, that I didn't even think of it.  Even though Mary-Gail King did record us live on Facebook after we had dinner and when we were eating strawberries and ice cream.  (After all...we do have to have energy for tomorrow!)  Here's a link to the video.  And while it's not live anymore...it was, which is why some of us (mainly me!) were caught stuffing my face with ice cream! LOL

Tuesday morning we're painting at Surfer's Knoll in Ventura if anyone wants to join us, you can't paint, or simply watch. We'll be there from 9 - 12.

#VenturaPleinAirInvitational
#ArtWalkVentura





No comments:

Post a Comment